Since the technology has been able to advance so much, laser treatments have become extremely popular. These days, laser is used in a variety of treatments including facials, eyesight correction, stone removal etc. However, the IPL photofacial is considered as one of the most efficient facial treatments available. It is known to enhance the texture of the skin by improving the level of collagen.
The treatments may last for 3-5 months in which one sitting will take place per month. However, the doctor will examine your skin first to analyze the damage caused to your skin. If the damage is too high, the doctor may advise you to get 5 sittings. In this article, we will be discussing about the benefits as well as the risks of IPL photofacial.
Learn about the benefits of IPL photofacial
If your skin has suffered from sun damage or acne scars, then IPL photofacial will be the best treatment for you. It is essential to get this treatment done from a reliable clinique chirurgie plastique so that you can get better results. Here are some of the benefits of getting such treatments –
- Some of the blood vessels which appear on the skin easily, can be cured with IPL photofacial.
- The pigmentation from the sun damage and the dark spots can be removed through such treatments.
- The people who are affected by larger pores an even acne problems can get relief by the laser treatments.
- One may suffer from certain invisible dermal injuries, these can be easily cured by such facials so that they do not get alleviated.
- By repairing the outermost layer of the skin, the IPL photofacial allows other treatments to work better on the skin. These treatments can include chemical peels, microdermabrasion, as well as other treatments.
What are some of the risks of getting IPL photofacial?
Any treatment involving laser can cause certain side effects, which may disappear with time. Here are some of the potential risks of IPL photofacial –
- The most immediate side effect will be the swelling of the skin on the affected area.
- Since the laser penetrates the skin deeply, the skin will turn red. But this redness will go away with time.
- In some cases, blister may form which may feel like a sunburn blister. The doctor will give ointments and creams to apply on the blisters.
Whenever you go for such treatments, make sure you do your research properly so that you know about all the potential side effects.